If you follow me on Twitter, you’ve probably noticed that I’ve been tweeting up a storm about the BlissDom conference again this year. BlissDom is one of the leading social media conferences primarily for women. I attended last year and had an awesome time. I met so many wonderful women, and I learned so much. I am a better person and a better blogger because of my experience at BlissDom.
Last year was my first time to attend. I was so nervous, because it was my first blogging conference. I was really concerned about what to wear to the conference. It was such a silly thing to be worried about in retrospect. Everyone there was so nice and accepting. I could have worn a potato sack and had an awesome time. But, since I know most of us wouldn’t dream of showing up in a potato sack, here are a some attire tips:
- I would say that conference attire for BlissDom is “dressy casual”. If you wear jeans to the daytime sessions try dressing them up with a nice top and accessories. (Don’t worry. There will be lots of people in jeans.)
- Choose accessories that go with more than one outfit. The fewer pairs of shoes you have to pack the more room you’ll have in your suitcase! I am probably going to stick with one color palette so that I only have to pack a couple of pairs of shoes.
- Wear comfortable shoes. The Gaylord Opryland Hotel is huge. Last year I wore Uggs to all of the daytime sessions, and my feet thanked me! This year I think I’m going to wear my sparkly TOMS with most of my outfits.
- Bring a couple of dressy outfits. There were cocktail parties on a couple of the conference days last year. This year there are cocktail parties on Thursday and Friday nights. The conference schedule can be found here.
- If you don’t want to check an extra bag at the airport, have some of your outfits pull double duty. I ordered the two dresses in the collage above. I’m probably going to wear them during the daytime with leggings and TOMS and wear them again at night with dressier shoes minus the leggings.
- Last year I remember being super happy that I wore layers. In some of the sessions I was hot and in some of the sessions it was a little chilly, so dressing in layers might be a good idea as well.
- Bring a tote to carry all of the items you’ll need during the day. Something large enough to fit your business cards, a laptop or iPad, a notebook, and a pen or pencil.
Click on the thumbnails at the bottom of this post to learn more about the items in each of the collages. (FYI – I made the collages using Polyvore.) Blissdom will take place at the beautiful Gaylord Opryland Hotel in Nashville, TN on February 23 – February 25. For more information about the BlissDom conference click here. Click here to follow BlissDom on Twitter.
Also, I am a monthly contributor for the Family Bliss section on Blissfully Domestic. Click here to see my latest article. It’s about teaching your children gratitude after Christmas.
Let me know if you write a post about what to wear to BlissDom, and I’ll be happy to link to it at the end of this post.
Update: The combo dress featured above (black top, white bottom w/black polka dots) seems to run small. I got it in the mail last week and the size I normally wear won’t zip up more than 3/4 in the back.